This 3 day workshop will provide a thorough understanding of the unique aspects of wind energy systems.
It will cover the importance of proper site assessment, system sizing, component selection as well as good design and installation practices.
The workshop will constitute both theoretical and practical sessions ending with a competency examination.
- Electrical Basics
- Wind - Understanding, measuring and using data
- Wind Site Analysis
- Turbine Types
- Tower Types
- Balance of System Components
- Wire and Over-current Protection Sizing
- Batteries, Charge Controllers and Off-Grid Inverters
- Jobsite Safety
Daily Workshop Schedule
- Start Time
- Morning Break (10 mins)
- Lunch Break (30 mins). Lunch provided.
- Afternoon Break (10 mins)
- End Time