This workshop will provide a thorough understanding of the unique aspects of solar PV system design and installation. It will cover the importance of system sizing, component selection as well as good design and installation practices.
The workshop will constitute both theoretical and practical sessions ending with a competency examination.
- Electrical Basics
- Photovoltaics - What are they and how do they work?
- The Solar Resource - Understanding, measuring and using data
- Site Analysis
- Grid-tie Inverters
- String Sizing
- Mechanical Attachment Options
- Balance of System Components
- Wire and Over-current Protection Sizing
- Charge Controllers
- Off-Grid Inverters
- Jobsite Safety and Code Compliance
- Load Analysis and System Design
Daily Workshop Schedule
- Start Time
- Morning Break (10 mins)
- Lunch Break (30 mins). Lunch provided.
- Afternoon Break (10 mins)
- End Time